Start a new topic

Change the installation path

Have I missed something?  Is it not possible to choose the installation path?

Or even better, move it from my C drive to my D drive?

I have an SSD for fast booting on drive C and I didn't get a chance to pick where it installed.

This has caused additional issues for me because I keep all of my VST's on my D drive - Ableton won't allow me to assign 2 places for vst's, So I can't use it so far.

If I'm mistaken, then if anyone can help, it would be great - I'm new to the software, just 2 days of use.

Thanks for your time.

40 people like this idea

Equator doesn't support custom library locations at the moment. It's a good request though, so I'm up-voting it!

17 people like this

Symlink for "C:\Program Files\ROLI" folder is working fine for me. Quite a dirty workaround I'd say. 

I too don't understand why the customizable install path is a feature, because this is default for any application existing at least on Windows. Have your project managers never used more than 1 hard drive setup?

6 people like this

I would also like this feature.  My C drive is always tight. 

To Ian Gill -- To solve your Ableton problem, just put a folder shortcut to where the Roli vsts are in your main VST folder that Ableton uses.  

6 people like this

i, too, was baffled that not only could i not choose where to put the samples (at the very least) but also that this was not addressed in any of the documentation/manuals - i had to dig to find this thread. 

also the "up voting" to get this feature included in an update is ridiculous. how in the world was this elementary feature not included in the first place? 

5 people like this

Yeah this really needs to be addressed.  A professional product should not force the user to read the sound files off of the same drive that is running their OS.  This is going to have a significant impact on performance and I would expect to have the option to install where I see fit on my system.

Going to try using a symlink.  I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I gotta say that I'm a bit disappointed and surprised that I have to take these matters into my own hands.

5 people like this

Please, guys, implement this function in your software. It is quite necessary for many, if not most of your userbase.

Thanks!

4 people like this

Yeah, please allow to install all of the Roli software in a place of the users choosing without manually dragging stuff around. 99% of all plugin- and software installers allow this and it really is a form of respect for the user to give him a chance to choose his own paths.

I use a custom VST folder (on C: ) and have all large files like samples on a separate, larger harddrive, also, I have all my music software in a dedicated folder...

Thanks and cheers,

Tom

4 people like this

I would also like to see the ability to change the default file location for the factory and user presets.

I have a instance of Equator running on my Macbook Pro "C" drive and all of the presets and other support files are there as well. I use the "C" drive OS for general sound creation. All my other apps are on "C" as well. I also have a dedicated "D" drive for live use which contains a stripped down OS and no other Apps except MainStage, Logic, Kontakt, and the other software I need for live use. With this configuration I simply boot up from the "D" drive for live use, and have a bare bones OS and a processor with lots of idle time to run MainStage. I created alias of the Equator app on the "C" drive and successfully opened it up on the "D" OS. However, it contains no presets, and I can't tell Equatorto look for them on the "C" drive. I resorted to loading duplicate files of the required presets on "D", but really I'd like to be able point the "D" drive Equator app to look for the presets that are already loaded on the "C" drive. I only want one physical preset file on my computer.

3 people like this

+1 This is honestly unacceptable in 2018 when allegedly "pro" laptops offer only soldered, limited capacity SSD.  A 5GB library may not seem like much to devs, but when your laptop serves multiple production purposes, sound libraries quickly add up.

Arturia, NI, Spectrasonics all allow me to keep most or all of my sample libraries on a large secondary drive fairly easily. 

For God's sake, even APPLE added the ability to relocate built-in Logic audio libraries in 10.4.2 :D

Just my plea!

3 people like this

I don't use Mac. But the real point here was that it should be possible to INSTALL the library to a user selectable folder.  It can easily happen that people don't have enough disk space on the default installation drive. Or some people like to keep all their libraries as subfolders of some folder. Much easier to find stuff later and check what kind of libraries you have.

2 people like this
Great, I assume that you have moved the folder to external drive and it no longer exists in Users/Shared. If not you need to either delete that or just rename it to ROLI-OLD in Users/Shared. To create the symlink copy and paste this command in terminal as is and enter your password when asked. ln -s /Volumes/TravelStudioExHD/ROLI /Users/Shared/ROLI If this command runs successfully it will create a ROLI folder shortcut in /Users/Shared and Equator should be able to access its data from external drive.

1 person likes this

I cant even find my samples/libraries, any body know where it put's them?

just got a new pc, windows 10, so had to do a mega, re-install of all my stuff,

everything was going good, "toontrack, native ins, ample guitar, sound sets all where i want them.

Roli Equater was the last one,not going well, my DAW cant even find it!

Gonna uninstall and try again.

Seaboard rise 25, £700, waiste of money!

1 person likes this

+1

1 person likes this

You can easily movie your libraries to whatever drive you want.

This is the the first thing I do with any large library, moving them to a dedicated external SSD.  

On Mac,

you can move the ROLI folder  : from /Users/Shared to your destination drive  say (/Volumes/EXT/) and make a synlinik to it.  Here's how from scratch :

1. Launch Terminal
  2. cd /Users/Shared
  3. mv ./ROLI /Volumes/EXT/
  4. ln -s /Volumes/EXT/ROLI ./ROLI

~amit

1 person likes this

would also love to see this happening!

I have most of my sound libraries on an external ssd (because no storage upgrade possible on mac) so I'd love to be able to move these 3GB of awesome equator sounds to my external too.

thanks for considering, guys!

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment