ROLI Dashboard 4.1.0, RISE firmware 1.1.7, and BLOCKS firmware 0.4.3 released

We're happy to announce the release of new versions of ROLI Dashboard, BLOCKS firmware, and Seaboard RISE firmware.

The most significant change is support for the approved MPE specification, which allows either a 'Lower Zone' extending upwards from Channel 1, or an 'Upper Zone' extending downwards from Channel 16. In the coming days we'll be adjusting our support articles to reflect this change.

Changes to ROLI Dashboard and firmware include:

ROLI Dashboard 4.1.0

• Added new MPE spec support
  • Released BLOCKS Firmware 0.4.3
  • Released RISE Firmware 1.1.7
  • Various bug-fixes and improvements, including:
    • Slide CC is now a changeable parameter for the RISE
    • Firmware release notes displayed before updating devices
    • Fixed battery charging and display inaccuracies
    • Fixed Seaboard Block channel range not recalling accurately after switching channel modes

RISE firmware 1.1.7

• Reduced occasional mis-triggering of notes on units reporting this issue

Seaboard Block firmware 0.4.3

• Added MPE release spec support
  • Fixed sticking notes when passing heavy MIDI traffic on Bluetooth
  • Fixed occasional missing pre-note Slide CC

Lightpad Block firmware 0.4.3

• Added MPE release spec support
  • Fixed sticking notes when passing heavy MIDI traffic on Bluetooth
  • Default Drum Grids are an octave lower than Note Grid to match typical software implementation

Control Block firmware 0.4.3

• Incoming MIDI now affects internal state
  • Fixed battery level reading glitch
  • Fixed behavior of buttons when in MIDI mode

For creators experiencing a channel clash when using multiple Blocks, you may need to use Multi-Channel mode to configure your Blocks to use the desired channels. This will be fixed in a future firmware update.

2 people like this

New roli dashboard is not work. seaboard rise49 can't connect my pc. the power light is flashing. pls fix or downgrade.

6 people like this

All works perfectly! PC and Macbook.

yes i use a mac tower late 2010. its better for my music production 

@Haruya, it sounds like the firmware update didn't fully complete. We've emailed you instructions on manually reinstalling the firmware. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hi Red, I'm also having similar problems to Haruya in that my Rise 49 isn't connecting to my computer and the power button is flashing between cyan and purple. Can I also get a copy of your reinstallation instructions? Cheers

1 person likes this

@red I'm having the same problem as Haruya. Can you please email me instructions on manually reinstalling the firmware?

@Shirley (and others in case): 

In case the firmware update does not complete, you may use these instructions to manually update your RISE's firmware:

How to reset the firmware (MacOS)

1. Download the latest firmware version attached to this post.
  2. Download and install SysEx Librarian by Snoize – it's a free application which will help us to push the firmware file to the Seaboard.
  3. Connect the RISE to your computer by USB and – while holding both octave shift buttons – switch it on. After switching it on you can release the octave buttons.
  4. Launch the SysEx Librarian application.
  5. Drag the “latest firmware version” file from your “Downloads” folder into the SysEx Librarian window.
  6. At the top centre of Sysex Librarian, set the “Destination” to “Seaboard RISE”.
  7. Click once on the “RISE latest firmware version” file in Sysex Librarian.
  8. Press “Play” in SysEx Librarian.
  9. The RISE should automatically restart when completed, which may take 30 seconds. Make sure not to touch the RISE until it has fully completed restarting. It may appear to have turned off, but it should restart after several seconds.

How to reset the firmware (Windows)

1. Download the latest firmware version attached to this post.
  2. Download and install MIDIOX, a free application that will allow us to push files to the RISE
  3. Connect the RISE to your computer by USB and – while holding both octave shift buttons – switch it on
  4. Launch MIDIOX
  5. In MIDIOX, click Options ➝ MIDI Devices
  6. Under 'MIDI Outputs' select the Seaboard RISE
  7. Click OK
  8. Click Actions ➝ Send ➝ SysEx File
  9. A window will open. Navigate to the RISE latest firmware version file and click open
  10. The update will only take 20-30 seconds and you'll see a screen with some text on it when it is complete. Make sure not to touch the RISE until the process has fully completed. 
  11. Restart the RISE

If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch with our support team

syx
(79.6 KB)

1 person likes this

@Red

Is it possible to manually reset the firmware on the lightpad block the same way you've described it for seaboard?

@max It certainly is! You can find the steps for that process at the bottom of this guide: Resetting Blocks. Please let me know if you have any questions!

@Red 

if my rise 25 (not rise 49)have same problem,can use RISE 1.1.7.syx?

Hi there, 

Yes, the RISE 25 and 49 both use the same firmware, so you may use this firmware version for your RISE 25.

Red

I've tried this after experiencing the same problem and the Rise option does not appear  in the SysEx  Librarian 

4 people like this
Login to post a comment