BLOCKS Firmware 0.4.5 Released

We're happy to announce the release of BLOCKS Firmware 0.4.5.

The most significant change is the addition of auto MIDI channel reassignment over DNA connections which avoids channel clashing issues, as well as a fix to the 'Hardest' pressure tracking mode on the Seaboard Block.

IMPORTANT NOTE: MIDI communications between blocks has changed in this version, please update all Blocks to ensure MIDI messages are received.

Changes to BLOCKS firmware include:

LIGHTPAD

• Add auto MIDI channel reassignment over DNA - avoids MPE channel clash issues. Note that individual Blocks have their channel settings upheld when reassigning (e.g. single channel blocks will stay on that channel). Note that all connected Blocks must be updated to at least this version for MIDI to work over DNA.
  • Improve DNA stability
  • Improve internal comms stability
  • Fix dropped messages on Bluetooth
  • Improve lift calculation

NOTE: MIDI communications between blocks has changed in this version, please update all Blocks to ensure MIDI messages are received.

SEABOARD

• Add auto MIDI channel reassignment over DNA - avoids MPE channel clash issues. Note that individual Blocks have their channel settings upheld when reassigning (e.g. single channel blocks will stay on that channel). Note that all connected Blocks must be updated to at least this version for MIDI to work over DNA.
  • Improve DNA stability
  • Improve internal comms stability
  • Fix support for hardest pressure tracking

NOTE: MIDI communications between blocks has changed in this version, please update all Blocks to ensure MIDI messages are received.

CONTROL BLOCK

• Improve DNA stability
  • Add colour correction for LEDS

7 people like this

@Roli Can you please say something about the octave up/down 0.4.5 firmware problem? Can this be fixed?

1 person likes this
Still no news from you about this issue with octave up and down! Do you read the messages in the forum? Thanks for giving us a feedback. At least just acknowledge that you have the same issue.

Hi Christophe,

We are aware of the octave issue when in Piano mode, and are working to resolve it in the next firmware updates.

If you experienced better performance with the previous firmware, you may revert to 0.44 using the files earlier on in this thread.

Many thanks for your patience as we work to resolve these issues and we will let everyone know when the next firmware is available.

Kind regards,

Marcus

2 people like this
Hi, Thanks Marcus for your feedback. Christophe

1 person likes this
When are we getting fixes for the issues in this thread? It's been 3 months and I have to deal with what looks like a broken lightpad

WOOHOO! running much smoother now! THankyou!

I just got firmware 1.1.0 for the ROLI blocks but one issue still hasn’t been resolved. The loop block cannot control garageband on the iPad and I raised this issue with ROLI support (ticket number #81733) and this was acknowledged and confirmed reproduce-able from your side. Can this be resolved in future updates please? Otherwise it makes the loop block unusable. 

Yesterday my Seaboard Block and my other Blocks received a firmware update, v. 1.1.0.

The octave up/down problem on the Seaboard Block is solved. Thank you, Roli!

Still no updates? This sucks! I'm never buying another Roli product again. You would expect at least some amount of support and response to issues with stuff that costs so much money...

The 1.1.0 update is available. When you connect your Blocks to your computer or device (that’s connected to the internet), you’ll be  able to download it. They just haven’t updated these forums with that info.

It resolves several issues and you should upgrade as soon as possible.

can i get the latest firmware download?

Are 0.4.5 syx files available somewhere? I have a problem with Loop block firmware update on Windows 10 (from a dashboard).

Login to post a comment